In Vanguard, the paper-dolls used on the Vanguard Players web site are called Portraits.
You can take portraits of your characters in Vanguard with the /portrait command. Just switch your character’s appearance to whichever sphere you want to take a portrait of (Adventuring, Diplomacy, etc.) and type /portrait.
If you are on your mount, a mount portrait will be taken. You can also force your character in to a combat stance by typing /forcecombatstance on.
These portraits are placed against a pre-set background and automatically uploaded and added to your character’s profile page on VGPlayers.com.
Manual Portrait Creation
- Get a nice picture of yourself (the default key for screenshots is the numberpad minus key)
- Crop/scale it to 800 pixels high, 600 pixels wide.
- Save it somewhere on your desktop.
How to Upload Your Paper-Doll Portrait to the Vanguard Players Site
- Log into VG Players with your station account.
- Click on you character name (should appear in right menu or in the left-menu dropdown)
- Click the 'Media' link
- Click 'Portrait Gallery' link
- Click the portrait you want to change (adventuring, diplomacy, etc).
- Scroll down, and at the bottom you can browse to your picture, and then click upload.
- Check the "Lock this image" checkbox to keep the game from replacing your image.