Vanguard Hotkeys and Keyboard Shortcuts
To Move Your Character Around
- W ↑ Numpad 8 moves you forward
- S ↓ Numpad 2 moves you backward
- A ← Numpad 4 turn left
- D → Numpad 6 turn right
- Space Jump
F Keys (Function Keys)
- F1 targets self
- F2-F6 Target party members in order
F9 controls your camera view: first person (the default), third person, while in third person view you can hold down the left mouse button and move mouse around to see all around your character. Note: you can also use the scroll wheel on the mouse to move from first to third person.
User Interface Toggle On/Off
F10 This will turn off your chat windows so you have a clean view of the scenery, useful for taking screenshots, the screenshot command is the minus (-) key on the number pad.
- Shift+C or I is Consider
- Tilde ~ toggles auto-attack on or off
- Tab Select through targets
Hot key Banks
Hot key bar is there for you to map abilities with the numbers across the top of you keyboard. From left to right 1 – 0 including - and = keys holding Shift plus 1 - 0 will toggle through the 10 Hotkey banks.
- Tab will cycle you through the nearest targets
- X allows you to rest. (Once combat is complete)
- F is for Chains
- G is for Counter
- Y is for Sympathetic
- V is for Rescue
- Shift+C or I considers your current target.
- H hails the selected NPC
- B opens and closes your Inventory
- C will bring up your character window, or close it. Items in your inventory that appear in red are not available for use until you reach a higher level or are not allowed for your race/class.
- L opens your Quests log, here you also have Work Orders tab for Crafting and Locations for getting your Waypoints.
- K lights your torch (Shift + K lights torch 2)
- M opens the in game map.
- N toggles NPC names on or off.
- O opens your Social window; this is your Friends list and Guild management tool
- P opens your Abilities and Spell book as you get new abilities you can drag and drop them onto your Hotkey bar.
- U opens doors
- [Bracket] Keys adjust the clipping plane.
- Keys 1 through + key activate the first twelve slots of your hot bar.
- Enter brings up cursor for command or communication entry.
- Num Lock locks on auto run toggle off.
- Insert , 0 Page Up, 9 (num pad) rotates camera view below.
- Delete or Page Down 3, . (num pad) rotates camera view above.
- Home, End, 7, 1 (num pad) places view to default.
- * (num pad) inspect current target.