Public Test Server Players Guide
These instructions only work when the server is available.
Unfortunately, the PTS no longer hosts a living community, so all the references to our old guilds are simply references to history.
To access the Public Test Server
- Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
- Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher
- Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”
- Click “Save”
- Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings
- Under "Pick an Environment" select "Public Test"
- Click "Next" and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*
- Click "Play"
You can quit the update at any time, log into the Live servers and play, and then restart the update of the Test server files when you go to bed.
- Primus - Contact Hlokk (any member can get you in)
- Alpha - Contact Stenik (any member can get you in)
Primus and Alpha are related Guilds
- There are Global Chat Channels for both the Republic and Empire players.
You currently must start at the beginning and level your character in the normal fashion.
However, in a post in the PTS forums on 02/29/2012, JovethGonzalez stated:
While we don’t have the technology for mass character transfers yet, we do have a manual process to copy characters from our Live servers to our Public Test Server that we will be offering for Guilds that are accepted for testing.