Hints and Clues
From The Gaming ZoneJump to navigationJump to search
- Lost in game? Ask a guard for directions to trainers, brokers, vendors (including mount vendors), mailboxes etc.
- You can buy an inexpensive horse at level 10 in most mainland cities.
- You can rent an inexpensive flying mount for a short period of time near most destination riftway srystals
- Lost on a quest? Recheck your quest log (read it carefully!!) You also can often toggle on a compass pointer there to the next stage of the quest.
- Items labeled May be of interest to a merchant are safe to sell to a vendor, they have no other purpose.
- You can change your character's appearance at any time in the Character Select Screen ('Customize')
- Your Social icon includes information on Guilds recruiting for new members
- Need a group? Make sure to use the LFG tab in the social window!
- You can add a custom afk message by typing /afk <message>
- Most merchants are willing to buy pieces of monsters that you kill for a few copper or silver. Just don't ask what they do with them...
- If you're a melee class, you can control which weapons you specialize in by using the + and - buttons in your skill sheet. Specializing in a weapon helps you hit more often.
- Just about everything you might need while adventuring can be created for you by a crafter.
- Diplomats can trigger buffs for everyone in a city.
Slash "/" Commands
- For specific help with crafting and diplomacy, /join craft or /join diplomacy for help in those chat channels.
- Use /petition if you need ingame help from a Game Master (GM) help from a Game Master (GM)
- /rope will allow a player to be pulled to you if he is within range
- /corpse will allow you to drag a tombstone away from danger
- /consent player will allow someone else to drag your corpse
- /consent group will allow anyone in your group to drag your corpse
- /targetmynearestcorpse - target your corpse without actually being able to see it. If you are close enough, you can even pull it through walls to you with the /corpse command.
- You can use the F1 key to target yourself, and F2-F6 to target your group members.
- Use the F8 key in combat to target the nearest NPC in front of you, and F7 to target the nearest player
More General Hints
- Hold down Left + Right mouse button at the same time to move forward.
- Active Quest - look at your compass for the red line and head that direction.
- Tab key targets the closest mob.
- Screenshot is the minus (-) key on number pad and is stored in Program Files/Sony/Vanguard/Screenshots folder.
- Riftways have color codes - Purple is Free and can be used by low level players - Green is next with a low 'price' and higher level etc
- You are not confined to your starting area - you can travel to the other areas for Quests and adventuring (use the purple Riftways).
- Chat - on the left side of the chat box are little 'circles' - click the top one for some options.