Everquest II PVP Strategies
- This is based on the threads:
- 1 Original Post by Demron
- 2 End of the original Post
- 3 Step 1: Get your harvesting skills up.
- 4 Step 2: Harvest to collect rares for your class to upgrades
- 5 Step 3
- 6 Step 4
- 7 Step 5
- 8 Step 6: Finish every possible level 10-13 quest, maybe even 14 and 15 quests WITHOUT turning them in.
- 9 Step 7
- 10 Step 8
- 11 Step 9
- 12 Step 10
- 13 Step 11
Original Post by Demron
Level your character to level 8, or 9 on the island, or in your newbie zone. From here lock your experience (disable combat xp's) to do the following.
- Get your harvesting skills up.
- Harvest for the appropriate rares for your class to upgrade into mastercrafted at level 12, including spells or combat arts.
- Start a tradeskill that benefits your class so that you can use up the materials you harvest while looking for rares.
- Raise your tradeskill to 21 which can be very quick and easy to do. You do this so you can harvest tiers higher than your character level.
- Start the secondary tradeskill "TINKERING" which will be very beneficial to a new character.
- Build a group of equal level players to finish every possible level 10-13 quest, maybe even 14 and 15 quests WITHOUT turning them in. Note: This does not require a full group and can be done with two or three players.
- Level to 10 via NPC kills. You'll unlock your character here for the very last time, once 10 relock your combat xp's.
- TURN IN ALL OF THOSE LEVEL 10+ QUESTS YOU HAVE SAVED.
- Spend your Achievment points wisely.
- Gear up for the 12-19 PvP and questing. This is where all that harvesting for your rares pays off.
- Keep your experience locked from this point on, only leveling via quests so you benefit from the ever increasing AAs you'll get.
This will allow you to enjoy each tier of the game if you prepare for it. Make sure to keep your tradeskill level high enough that you're able to harvest the next tier(s) while below the average level that hunts there, like...15 Swash / 30 Alchemist , 15 Warden / 30 Tailor , 15 Wizard / 30 Sage, et cetera, et cetera. Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be less painful to you if you're prepared for it.
End of the original Post
Level your character to level 8, or 9 on the island, or in your newbie zone. From there lock your experience (disable combat XP).
To lock XP, right click on XP bar.
Step 1: Get your harvesting skills up.
New players can easily get themselves up to standard fairly easily, by harvesting your own rares for armor, and selling the adepts you find on the broker. You can usually sell the rares you don't need for a very good price, since rare farmers are not flooding the market. There are a lot of people who need a lot of rares.
Step 2: Harvest to collect rares for your class to upgrades
Harvest for the appropriate rares for your class to upgrade into master crafted at level 12, including spells or combat arts.
Step 6: Finish every possible level 10-13 quest, maybe even 14 and 15 quests WITHOUT turning them in.
If you can learn your way around and find people willing to show you, you can move to all the newbie areas and complete those quests too while below level 10. BUT, you'll have to stop earning experience at level 8, not 9 so that you don't level off of discovery experience. What I would do is stop at level 7 and go get the discoveries so they put you to level 8, and later will not give you experience.