Camera Problems in EQ2
While playing, occasionally when you left or right click and drag to rotate your camera, it will send the camera view spinning violently upward. It is very, very jarring. For me, it makes playing on my MacBook under a VM virtually impossible. I have to use movement keys and avoid the mouse.
This problem in EQ2 has existed for years. It was introduced by Windows 7, but was worse with Windows 8. It is still a problem with Window 10.
Using Arrow Keys
The arrow keys move you in the direction shown.
- W - Move forward
- S - Move backward
- A - Move left (strafe)
- D - Move right (strafe)
- Space Bar - moves a flying mount up
- Page Up - aim higher to move up
- Page Down - aim lower to move down
- X - moves a flying mount down
- Home - swim up
- End - swim down
- Space Bar - Jump
- Z - Crouch
- X - Sit
- NumLock - Autorun
(I always reconfigure Autorun to be ^Z.)
None of these have consistent impacts for everyone, but at least one person has claimed success.
Uncheck this option:
- Controls > Mouse Settings > Smooth Mouse
One workaround suggestion:
- Run the launcher and get the game updated if required.
- Then CLOSE the launcher and run the game directly from using everquest2.exe
Windows 10 Registry Hack
How to fully disable mouse acceleration on Windows 10
Disable Enhanced Pointer Precision in Windows
- YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI6v2x64SEs
Chang the settings in the Compatibility tab of both the EQ2.exe and Everquest2.exe files as follows:
- checked box for "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
- checked box for "Run this program as an administrator"
- checked the box to "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
- from the drop-down chose "System (Enhanced)"